Wednesday, June 15, 2016

JUNE 15 JQ#15 to JQ#16 Transition: “Also…add to your faith…” 2 Peter 1:5 The Jesus Questions


LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

JUNE 15    JQ#15 to JQ#16 Transition: “Also…add to your faith…” 2 Peter 1:5

365 Prayers to JESUS 
Jesus, Praise, Glory, and Honor to the Son of God who gave Himself for the sins of the world even though men reject the “Gift”.  God still is Gracious in extending His Invitation and is Faithful in His Character and encourages ALL to accept His Offer of Eternal Life! It will forever be a mystery why God went through so much trouble to  prove His Love to us and why we so easily reject His Gift. Lord give me the self discipline to see past my daily physical life on earth and to focus on my eternal spiritual life in heaven and that by knowing Your Mercy and Grace  I will focus on helping others and contribute to Kingdom Work and quit contradicting the “King” Himself. Praise God from whom ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!      AMEN

The Jesus Questions
JUNE 15    JQ#15 to JQ#16 Transition: “Also…add to your faith…” 2 Peter 1:5  The Jesus Questions have been a blessing in themselves and today God added one of His “unexpected” extras that He does when we are following Him. JQ#15 gave me a “personal” insight into some of my shortcomings in that Jesus is the Son of God and has done miracle after miracle in my life and yet there are times that I let my “faith” falter and I fall prey to questioning His Lordship in my life. I had read with amazement that the children of Israel could experience God’s Grace in freeing them from their slavery in Egypt and delivering them from Pharaoh’s army by parting the Red Sea but once they were safely on the “other side” they rebelled against God and whined to go back to slavery!?!?! Then in JQ#15 I see Peter actually actually challenge Jesus while Jesus is walking on water in a storm at sea and is speaking “Peace” to him!?!?! So today as I am reading my morning devotional in Oswald Chamber’s Daily Journal “My Utmost for His Highest” on day “JUNE 15” God spoke to me through my own words in a prayer written on June 15, 2004. How God spoke to me was that just after reading the devotional for JUNE 15 in “Utmost” I then read my prayer written on June 14, 2016 and I was amazed at how God manages to amaze us by using our own life to address our fears and doubts about Him, which is what I think Jesus did for Peter in JQ#15 when Jesus simply extended the invitation to Peter to “come” and Peter actually walked on water!?!?! I have been experiencing some great works of God lately in my personal life but the “joy” was not there and then today as I read my own prayers written 12 years apart I could see that God has been working for twelve years to get me to this point to learn about His Love, even though I have occasionally been “looking back” at my former life in slavery to sin and missing seeing my “personal freedom” God has provided through His Son! I have been in effect “challenging” the very character of God and once again God proved Himself and exposed my “lack of faith” which is a terrible character flaw for someone following Jesus!  God has already done all that must be done for our salvation, why do we still seek for more “signs” that He IS GOD? I leave today with this Oswald Chambers quote from JUNE 15 and will let you see if it applies to you?!?!?!  

“In the matter of drudgery. Peter said in this passage that we have become partakers “of the divine nature”  and that we should now be “giving all diligence,” concentrating on forming godly habits (2 Peter 1:4-5) We are to “add” to our lives all that character means. No one is born either naturally or supernaturally with character; it must be developed. (2 Peter 1:5)”


When I read that passage and realized it was written by the same Peter that had “challenged” Jesus to prove Himself and had actually had a very personal lesson taught to him after he got out of the boat, I wondered if I would have stepped out of the boat and if I did, how many steps would I have taken before I fell back into my old character and sank beneath the waves only to have Jesus “prove Himself once again” and extend His Hand in Love in the midst of my doubt and build my character as only Jesus can? Each lesson Jesus teaches is to “build our character” which I am learning is proportional to my “Faith in Jesus” ——— have you been struggling with your character lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment