Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MARCH 14 THE JESUS QUESTIONS JQ#10-01 >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#10 “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?” (Matthew 10:29)

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

MARCH 14  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#10-01 >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#10 “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?” (Matthew 10:29)

Daily Prayer to JESUS    
Jesus, thank You Lord for this life You have given me, for the tribulation and the strength to endure while in the valley, for the darkness that Your Light has dispelled so that I can see to walk Your Path to the Narrow Gate. Lord I give You Praise for the answered prayer of “family” that has been my greatest blessing and Lord I can clearly see Your Hand in my life and Lord I can truly say, I would change nothing! If I had not known I was lost, I could not have experienced the “joy of my salvation” and if it had not been for heavy burdens I would not know the “peace that passes all understanding” because of Your Grace, and Lord, had I not known “despair” I would not appreciate the “Hope” that comes from “Trusting God” and declaring to Him “Abba Father”! Lord, because of my trials and Your Faithfulness to carry me when I can’t carry myself, I surrender all to Your Glory for I see my righteousness as nothing but “filthy rags” and Lord, I beg for the crumbs of Your Infinite Mercy. Jesus, thank You for this new journey You are leading me on - I do not know the twists and turns it will take but I “Trust” in Your Leading and the “Final Destination”. I have Supreme Confidence that You will finish the Good Work You have started and one day I will hear Your Still Small Voice in the depth of my soul saying, “Son, it is finished, well done — come on Home, I’m waiting for you at the Narrow Gate!”    AMEN

THE JESUS QUESTIONS

MARCH 14  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#10-01 >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#10 “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?” (Matthew 10:29) Jesus has given us the “Introduction to Discipleship” with JQ#1-9 and now Jesus is going to start us on a series of “Spiritual Introspections” as He Teaches us how to “evaluate our Spiritual Worth”. The context for JQ#10 is actually JQ#1-9 and the entire chapter 10 of the Gospel that Matthew was written declaring Jesus the “King of kings” and giving us glimpses of the “kingdom of [our Father] in heaven” and more importantly we are building our “Faith in God” on the firm foundation of the “Rock-Solid Truth of God”.  Jesus has now personally called each of His disciples and they have been observing Jesus as He Teaches them through His Perfect Example what their “Kingdom work” will be like. Jesus lists the necessary pre-requisites for discipleship in the Lessons Taught in JQ#1-8 and summarized in JQ#09 and now He starts His “commissioning” of the “twelve disciples” in Chapter 10 as we read. “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over  unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.” (Matthew 10:1)  It is important that we walk both “daily with Jesus” and “step-by-step with Him”. These “Question/Lessons” point to Jesus being the Messiah as we read in Isaiah 28:13 “But the word of the Lord was to them …precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little …” and confirmed by John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” God demonstrated the Significance and Power of His Word as He dispelled the darkness, the emptiness, and the lack of purpose of the world when God spoke these words in Genesis 1:3 “Let there be light”. We read that as soon as God Spoke the words that there “was light”. All the Power of God is in His Word.  The Power over all creation and all that is in it is The Word of God and all creation is subject to The Word. If we who have been created want to navigate the stormy seas of life we must learn to listen to the Word and not run ahead of Him because if we are to be “perfect” we can only learn from a “perfect” God — Psalm 18:10 “As for God, His way is perfect…”  so to “learn from the Master” we must listen and learn each Lesson so as we embark on JQ#10 you are strongly encouraged to build your foundation on the “precept upon precept upon the Rock”, and read again Matthew Chapters 5-9 as an “Intro” and Matthew 10 as a “Spiritual Job Description of Discipleship” — if we are to “labor” in His harvest, we should know our tools and learn from the “Lord of the Harvest” before we enter into His Fields that are “white unto harvest” (John 4:35) “ARISE” and let us “GO”.

No comments:

Post a Comment