Monday, November 9, 2020

NOVEMBER 09 THE JESUS QUESTIONS JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?” (Matthew 24:45)

 NOVEMBER 09  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45)



LIVING FOR JESUS - Daily Prayer    

JESUS, praise be Your Name, my God, my Redeemer. Lord Jesus, I thank You that on this journey You have placed messengers along my path and I pray that You will grant me understanding, wisdom, and good discernment of who the messengers are and what is the message that You have sent with Your messenger to help me on my journey to eternity. Lord today as I awoke, the thought hit me that I need to pray more intently to You, to spend more time in prayer just talking to You and then the thought of God the Father describing His Messiah as “the chief cornerstone” gave me the idea to study in depth all of God’s descriptions of the Messiah in the Old Testament and use them to draw a picture of You in the New Testament — Lord Jesus I pray for Your Wisdom and Light to guide me through Your Word that I may point others to You!!!   AMEN



THE JESUS QUESTIONS

Jesus is Teaching about the “responsibility” that goes along with the “privilege” of “THE MASTER” choosing us to be “His own servants in the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30) and is a complimentary Lesson to being “a faithful and wise servant Jesus had just Taught in the Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) and these two parables are book-end Lessons for The Jesus Question JQ#31-25 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45). Jesus begins the Parable of the Talents by introducing the concept of the “man [the master] traveling to a far country” leaving “his own servants” in charge of all “his goods”. Jesus begins the responsibility-Lesson of “THE MASTER” having “delivered his [the master’s] goods to [his own servants]” as Jesus starts the Parable of the Talents with: “And to one [servant] he [the master] gave five talents, to another two and to another one, to each according to [the servant’s] own ability; and immediately he [the master] went on a journey.” (Matthew 25:15) As is the modus operandi of the MASTER TEACHER Jesus introduces not just one but several very important concepts contained with His introductory statement so let us look at these concepts individually — (1) the master is giving “talents” to his servants which means that the master will make provision for “his own servants” before leaving the servant in charge (2) the master is wise enough to give each servant “according to his own ability” and (3) the master gives “his own servants” their provisions and then leaves them to live up to their responsibility! It is implied that THE MASTER is leaving but WILL RETURN for an ACCOUNTING (Final Judgment) of everyone but especially for “his own servants”  ACTIONS!!! I know that sometimes {most often} I do not “desire” the “responsibility” but I “want” to enjoy the “master’s” goods — it sure looks like there is a lot to learn in the Parable of the Talents but “we must first be willing to listen” to “THE MASTER”!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment