Wednesday, November 7, 2018

NOVEMBER 07 THE JESUS QUESTIONS JQ#31-23 >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?” (Matthew 24:45)

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

NOVEMBER 07  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#31-23  >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45)


Daily Prayer to JESUS    
Jesus, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, from everlasting to everlasting, all praise and honor to the Lamb who is worthy! Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess, both men and angels shall declare that You are the LORD! Jesus, I pray for the sweet peace that can only come by the yielding to Your Call through the Holy Spirit to “Come”  — “Come” to You, “Come” follow You, “Come” and enter Your Rest, O Lord I “Come” just as I am — O Precious Jesus, what a blessing to think that the Lord of Lords would call a sinner such as I to Repentance and then request that I “Come” to Your Precious Bleeding Side and be showered by Your Grace and Mercy! Grant it Lord that I yield completely and abandon my “self” to Your Call and that I will simply “COME”!!!         AMEN


THE JESUS QUESTIONS

NOVEMBER 07  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#31-23  >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45)  Jesus has transitioned from a Lesson on “preparedness” of “faithful and wise servants which He Taught in the Parable of the Ten Virgins and now Jesus is Teaching of the responsibilities and duties of those that would be “[His] own servant” as Jesus Teaches the Parable of the Man Traveling to a Far Country: “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.” (Matthew 25:14) What is common to both parables is that they involve “servants” that are responsible to “The Master” — the Ten Virgins were to watch for the “Bridegroom” and to help prepare for the “Wedding Feast” and with the Parable of the Man Traveling to a Far Country the term “his own servants” makes it clear that the parable is based on the relationship between the “Master” and “his own servants”, therefore before we can learn from the Lesson we must search our own hearts and our desires and expectations and deal with whatever feelings that the thought of being someone’s “servant” draws to the surface of our emotions and self-realization!? When I began my “Journey to Find Truth” I did not expect that my path would lead me through “Servitude and Suffering” but fortunately I was not blinded by my personal aversion to being called a “servant” but I have since learned that being a “servant” to a “Good Master” is far superior to being the “master of your [own] soul” and steering that soul into disaster on the sea of life! There is much to learn about “serving” well that applies more to being a “Good Master” ourselves than one might believe, and I have learned that being the “MASTER” is a heavier burden than most weak souls like mine can bear! Personally I was initially repulsed by the thought of sitting around on a cloud all day throughout eternity and playing a harp and singing “Kumbaya My Lord” but as I learned more about “My Lord” and “My Master” I have gained a greater “Respect” for what “Great Sacrifice” that had to be made by THE FATHER AND THE SON to truly deserve the title “Lord and Master”!!! I have now arrived at the point in my Journey that I am thrilled at the prospect that “The Master” has called an unworthy soul such as I to serve Him” and I take great comfort from knowing that being “The Master’s Servantelevates me to a position greater than I expected were I to be king of the whole earth! There is much to learn about being “[The Master’s] own servant” and that is why Jesus Teaches these parables and has lived His own life to reveal “our Father in Heaven” who IS “THE MASTER” and “KING OF HEAVEN AND EARTH”!!! Just imagine being king of a wasteland of despair and then consider what lofty position and wonderful environment that comes with the territory and title of being “THE MASTERS own servant !?!?!?!? Once your vision of “THE MASTER” is clear, you can better see the advantages of being “HIS servant” — it’s all a matter of perspective and the TRUTH OF GOD is that only you can see through your own eyes therefore your perspective is your own responsibility and only your own perspective can open your own eyes to the “honor” of “serving well” — once again Jesus gives us an option and then reveals God the Father by giving us a CHOICE of following “our will of self” or to concede to God the Father as Jesus did, “Nevertheless, not [my] will but Thine be done” (Luke 22:42)

No comments:

Post a Comment