Thursday, November 8, 2018

NOVEMBER 08 THE JESUS QUESTIONS JQ#31-24 >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?” (Matthew 24:45)

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

NOVEMBER 08  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#31-24  >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45)


Daily Prayer to JESUS    
Jesus, You Lord are Master of the Universe, all Praise, Glory, and Honor to Your Holy Name. Your Word O Lord, I have hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee. Lord Jesus, I lift my life up to you in a new way today, as my Faith builds day by day I cannot but be amazed and humbled by the working of the Holy Spirit in my life. I pray Lord that my growth spiritually will continue until one day my life, my thoughts, everything that I am will be nothing but the Holy Spirit. Lord, I Praise You for the opportunity to witness  Your Life with my life, grant it that the testimony of my life will be a Light for those struggling with the darkness. Forgive me where I fall short of Your Perfection and cover me with Your Righteousness.   AMEN


THE JESUS QUESTIONS

NOVEMBER 08  THE JESUS QUESTIONS  JQ#31-24  >>> Lessons, Lifestyle, and Parables of Jesus <<< JQ#31 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?”  (Matthew 24:45)  Jesus again reveals God the Father and His expectations for those that accept His Invitation to live eternally with Him in “the kingdom of heaven” as Jesus first Teaches the Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) and the Lesson of being a “faithful and wise servant and then Jesus Teaches the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30) and we get a glimpse of The Master’s expectations and provisions for “his own servants”. Jesus introduces the Parable of the Talents, “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.” (Matthew 25:14) Let us now look at the common elements of all the Lessons and the Teaching Question Jesus is using in this section - (1) In His Teaching Question (Matthew 24:45) Jesus informs us that the “faithful and wise servant is “made ruler over his household” by the “master” (2) In the Parable of the Ten Virgins the “wise virgins [bridesmaids/servants of the bride]” were watching for the “bridegroom [master] and because they were “prepared/wise/and watchful for the master” they “went in with him” (3) In the Parable of the Talents “the man traveling to a far country/[Master] gives “his goods” to “his own servants”. These common elements point us to the Truth of God that He is The Master and by Serving Him faithfully that we will be made “rulers” and gain access to His Kingdom and “all His Goods”. When I realize that if I “serve God” faithfully that I will have unrestricted access to everything in God’s Creation, there is a whole different perspective gained when I consider the advantages of “serving others” instead of trying to manipulate them! — Do you think that this is what Jesus is trying to teach us??? There is something difficult from a worldly perspective to understanding that the path to “honor” is through “humility” and if we want to be “sovereign” then we must first learn “servitude” !?!?!?!?  The other unusual thought that these Lessons generate in my mind is similar to my boyhood fantasy of getting three wishes when I rubbed the genie’s lamp, yet I struggled to make sure I made “Wise Wishes” and did not miss that great (but unreal) opportunity and now when I study God’s Word and look at the Promise of God that if I “serve Him” that I will get more than all the worldly wishes I could gain by rubbing that pretend lamp a million times — and with these Jesus Lessons I am reminded that I must “be wise and faithful in serving Him and thereby I gain the “Favor of The Father” and GOD WILL “deliver His Goods” and ALL that HE HAS to me!?!?!?!? The more we learn of God the more we will “RESPECT GOD” and through our “RESPECT of THE MASTER” we are walking the path of “humility and faithful service” — truly a win-win-win scenario — and truly a “heavenly” destination!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment