Friday, April 22, 2016

FEBRUARY 29 The Jesus Questions

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

February 29 / Day 1

365 Prayers to JESUS 
Jesus, Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Master, Teacher — what joy it is to know that the One that holds our Eternity in His Hands has such eloquent titles. Lord I wake to the thought that You have given me another day and with the strength You give me that the possibilities are limitless. Jesus, You teach and guide us in Your Ways and we know that through the knowledge that You Give we can know the Father and we are assured that if we walk in Your Way that the path leads us to Eternal, Unbroken Fellowship with God Himself! What glorious thought that time and death will not hold sway over us as we enter into Your Kingdom and have all of Eternity ahead of us without sin … Forgive me, a sinner in the flesh — I am longing for the day I can stand before You in Spirit on the Final Judgement and be judged not on my righteousness but on the Righteousness of the Son of the Living God, even Lord Jesus Himself!

The Jesus Questions 
February 29, 2016 is a leap year as it was in 2004 that I was doing my first “365 Days for Jesus” journal. This year I am impressed to deviate from my journal format into an open forum type of format and encourage a community discourse on an area that the Holy Spirit impressed upon me last night during evening service. Since 2004 I have been very aware of certain passages in the “Red Letter” portions of my Scofield Study Bible and those passages are the ones that contains questions that Jesus asked. The thought that I had was to go through the New Testament and read through all the times Jesus is quoted as is designated by the “Red” letters and to study each question. There are not that many but when the Master Teacher who has Infinite Knowledge and Understanding asks a question then we should pay attention! The plan for the next couple of weeks then is to identify those questions, study the context and see if the Holy Spirit will enlighten our consciousness to that “lesson” that the Master is trying to teach us by making us stop and think about what He has asked. Let’s meditate on the “JESUS Question” until we can give Him an answer. This exercise will not be a quick read and it may take days or weeks to answer but I accept the challenge because Jesus had a reason for asking the question and I know He had a reason for letting the Holy Spirit challenge me to challenge my (very few) readers to help me answer “The JESUS Questions”. The plan then is to start by introducing a question by going from Matthew to Revelation. The discussion begins after the question is asked by opening the question up to comments that will be shared with everyone accepting the challenge. The first question I discovered was in Matthew 5:13  JQ#1 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?” The first thought that struck me is that Jesus is talking to all those that call themselves Christians and the second thought struck an emotion of guilt when I read the next statement Jesus made about salt: “It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.” The emotion made me ask, “Is this what is happening to the Church in 2016?” Open your Bible and please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment