Friday, April 22, 2016

MARCH 7 The Jesus Questions

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

March 7 / Day 8 

365 Prayers to JESUS
Jesus, the Eternal Unchanging God of my Salvation. Lord I praise You for Your Faithfulness and Unfailing Grace You extend to all who call upon Your Name, Jesus. Lord, I pray today the same prayer I prayed in 2004 on March 7: “Jesus, praise Your Holy Precious Name for You are Worthy of our praise. All glory we give to Thee and to Thee alone. Lord may we do nothing in our lives that is not a praise to You and may all that we do bring Honor to Your Death on the Cross, that man may know that the Father God loved man enough that He would provide Salvation to a sinful world through His Only Begotten Son, Jesus, who for our sakes suffered greatly for our sins. He was innocent before the Father, yet on the cross as He bore our sins, He also had to suffer the rejection of a Holy Father who cannot look on sin — all this suffering of the Innocent so that guilty man can live the victorious forgiven-life through the Victor Himself, Jesus the Christ!”  

The Jesus Questions
Today, before posting the Jesus Question #2 found in Matthew Chapter 5:45-47 I must quote Oswald Chambers from his journal I completed in 2004. In the “My Utmost for HIs Highest” journal for MARCH 7, Oswald used: “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37) for the scripture for the day and I quote: “Paul was speaking here of the things that might seem likely to separate a saint from the love of God. But the remarkable thing is that nothing can come between the love of God and a saint.” Every time I read the statement that “nothing can separate us from the love of God”, I always stop and reflect on the fact that the statement has been proven true in my own life as I look back at the many occasions I have strayed or outright sinned against God and yet God has been faithful to forgive me EVERY TIME I ask forgiveness. There is another statement that I make about God because of His Great Love and it goes like this: “There is nothing we can do to deserve the Love of God but the Good News is that God’s love is not dependent on who we are or what we do. God Loves because He chooses within Himself to Love and His Love is totally dependent on who God IS, therefore, there is nothing we can do to lose His Love! “ This ideal of God choosing to love us in spite of our sins because of who He IS could possibly be in my opinion the Root Cause of Grace itself and makes a really good place to start looking at JQ#2 — (Context: Matthew 5:43-48) and the Question(s) in Matthew 5:45,46, & 47. Matthew Chapter 5 my pastor says is one of the greatest teaching chapters in the Bible for Chapter 5 of Matthew it is completely non-stop teaching from Jesus and in my Red Letter Edition it is all Jesus and continues through chapters 6 and mostly 7. This is a great section to read but for JQ#2 we will look at the context of the questions in 5:45,46,47. Please consider Romans 8:37 and the fact that we cannot be separated from the love of God and then read Matthew 5:43-48 and comment on why Jesus concludes JQ#2 (4 questions asking the same thing, I think) with a command to be perfect in Matthew 5:48. Do you have as much trouble being “perfect” as I do? 



No comments:

Post a Comment