Friday, April 22, 2016

MARCH 5 The Jesus Questions

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

March 5 / Day 6 

365 Prayers to JESUS
Jesus, what a joy it is to look back when You first got my full attention in 2004 and read in my journal the words that Your Spirit had led me to write and see a simple truth — we change but Your Love is eternal. On March 5, 2004 I awoke, went to my journal and wrote: “Jesus, Lord, my soul is joyful for Your Love is changing my life! I can see a good man at the end of the tunnel. Lord I will continue to pray for a repentant heart for that is first in our turning from the world and all its many lusts. Jesus, I pray again today that I will abide completely in YOUR TRUTH. I accept my unworthiness as a a sinner and put my hope in Salvation through calling on Your Name. Lord, without the Cross and Your Shed Blood, my life would have no real meaning. I pray today to be immersed totally in Your Blood, I beg for Mercy for my many sins as only You can give forgiveness that can cleanse my soul.” Lord Jesus, March 5, 2016 I praise You for You have answered my prayers and have led me through the tunnel and into the Light, have continued Mercy on me a sinner. 

The Jesus Questions
JQ#1 Matthew 5:13 (Conclusion) Yesterday was a summary of considering the question Jesus asked “if salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?” — The answer to JQ#1 is twofold: (1) First, salt gets its flavor from the creator, there is nothing man can do to create the flavor of salt, that is proprietary with the Creator, and (2) the question is rhetorical for Jesus immediately after asking the question declares that salt without flavor is “good for nothing”. My conclusion is that Jesus says we “are salt” and we should always strive to attain to being like Jesus as stated in His Beatitudes in Matthew 5:3-12. Sharon Anderson sent in these comments on the Beatitudes which I will post today as a summary for our conclusion to JQ#1. On February 29, 2016 Sharon posted: “(1) Jesus teaches that those who are poor in spirit are deeply humble. They recognize their own spiritual bankruptcy before God . They accept there is nothing in and of themselves to commend them to God to merit salvation.  (2) Those who mourn have a godly sorrow over their sin…a sorrow that produces repentance leading to salvation without regret. They are genuinely sorry for sin as they know they have offended a holy God. (3) Gentleness (or meekness) is the opposite of being out of control. It is a supreme self control empowered by the Holy Spirit. (4) Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness seek God’s righteousness (through Jesus Christ) rather than attempting to establish a righteousness of their own. They have a deep craving to please God that produces a desire with all their being to live and walk the way God says. (5) The merciful person is a person who exemplifies God’s characteristic of mercy…God is Mercy. (6) Purity of heart is a purity of thoughts, purity of actions, purity of desires and motivations, a purity of proper reasoning based on Scripture and God’s ways. This requires continual examination of our lives and a continuous going before God in confession seeking cleansing.” So the next time you see a salt shaker let it remind you that you are “the salt of the earth” and we should continuously strive to be the Christian flavor to a tasteless world.



No comments:

Post a Comment