Friday, April 22, 2016

MARCH 10 The Jesus Questions

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

March 10 / Day 11

365 Prayers to JESUS
(From March 10, 2004) “Jesus, Glory and Honor to the King of kings and Lord of lords. You are the Creator and man is but dust under Your Holy Feet. Yet You have made us heirs to the kingdom as we accept Your Invitation to join the Father and we become sons and daughters in the Family of God — to God be the Glory Forever! Jesus, You know my heart, search it and guide me to lead my son Robbie to You. I know full well that only You can accomplish Salvation! Lord keep my heart burdened for the family!” 

The Jesus Questions
JQ#2 —The above prayer was written 16 years ago as I was greatly burdened for my oldest son Robbie who had started down his own path in the world and was heading into darkness. He had no job, no future, and no ambition, only raw talent that is more dangerous and destructive than it is advantageous. This study in the Jesus questions has already taught me many new things but more importantly it has highlighted and clarified in my mind some of the lessons that I know now that God had intended for me when I started the “365 Prayers for Jesus” over 16 years ago. I did not know what the outcome would be when I committed to starting my day by writing a prayer to Jesus and praying for the family which I accomplished in 2004. I mention this during our study of “The Jesus Questions” because I did not know what I would learn or accomplish when I started the “365 Prayers for Jesus” but there has been so much fruit from it that it is still impacting my life 12 years later and I am sure that there are new lessons in answering “The Jesus Questions”! Today, March 10, the prayer I wrote in 2004 was especially meaningful to me in 2016 because of the new “The Jesus Questions” project. It is not a random coincidence that I would read a prayer written 12 years ago that has so much relevance to my working on JQ#2. Yesterday I wrote that the context around JQ#2 was all focused on understanding the “Love of God” and how important “Love” is to God and then consider answering JQ#2 which is 4 questions asking effectively one question.  God really wants us to stop and think about our answer so He asks the same question 4 different ways, which immediately reminds me of the story when Jesus appeared to Peter after the Resurrection and asked Peter 3 repetitive questions in John 21:15-17. The 3 questions asked Peter can be translated as “Do you love Me?” asked from three different words used for love with each one carrying successively more weight on the commitment to “Love God!”. My prayer in 2004 was when I was first learning how to be a good follower and God had me looking down the path of “love”. In this March 10, 2004 prayer I prayed with the love of the best father I could be at that point in my journey for my son Robbie and my heart was turned to praying that our family would be healed. It is 12 years later and I have prayed every day for our family and God has brought us all back together and we have a “Family Night” EVERY TUESDAY — God is Good! Tomorrow I will try to put an answer to the JQ#2 which is effectively asking you to consider where and how are you directing your love? God is always teaching about “Love”, it is ALWAYS about GIVING. Love is not “Love” if it’s not given away! Stop and think where you would be today if at some point in life instead of feeling hurt you had chosen to love the one hurting you instead of being driven away?  Hold that thought as you read JQ#2 - Matthew 5:46-47.



No comments:

Post a Comment