Friday, April 22, 2016

MARCH 22 The Jesus Questions

LIVING FOR JESUS --- Daily Devotional

March 22 / Day 23

365 Prayers to JESUS
Jesus, Thank You Lord for the new day You give us each morning and the Hope that comes with knowing that You are in control of our lives for an eternity of sunrises! Lord, I thank You for the bright sunlight that greets me each day and for the warmth and Light of Your Holy Word. Lord Jesus, You came to earth to seek and to save that which is lost and Your Words were designed that in our lostness we might find the Way so Lord as I open Your Word this morning I look to Your Light to guide my Way. 

The Jesus Questions

JQ#5 - Yesterday was a poorly written piece on the concept of “The Law of Choice and Consequence” which the Holy Spirit has been teaching me for several years now. It is the passages surrounding JQ#5 found in Matthew 7:9 that brings the “Law of Choice and Consequence” into my mind. When I answer truthfully this Jesus Question in both verses Matthew 7:9 & 7:10 there is a deeper burning lesson that Jesus always teaches with His simple but powerful Truths about the Father that the Son reveals to us. The Bible cannot be read without a great curiosity about God being generated in our souls and I personally believe that God inspired the Bible to written in such a way that we would want to solve the “Mystery of God”. Once the curiosity has been sufficiently stirred by the Old Testament and the Prophecies of the “End Times”, the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus flood us with special visions of God. The Son of the Living God Himself became flesh and dwelt among us to reveal the Father God to us. I personally started my “Journey to God” not knowing much about God but I did have a great curiosity to “really know God”. My journey has been “documented” by journals that I have kept since 2001 and God has revealed Himself to me.  I had to have that initial curiosity to want to know God and I was blessed with the desire to “take notes” as I made my “Journey to God”. This curiosity was tempered with advice from the first Pastor that got me to thinking about actually knowing God. Pastor Brian Walls told me to study “World Views” and put me firmly into the Word of God as the “inerrant Word of God” and the foundation to our Christian World View. This passage in Matthew 7:7-14 is a great place to start and even though I didn’t know the scripture when I started my early journals I did know “…seek and you will find…knock and it will be opened…” —so this section started me down the journey without my realizing that Jesus teaches us the simple truths but His lessons also shows us who the Father is ! This passage teaches that to find the answer we only need “ask”, “seek”, and “knock”. The “truth” is that if we are to get to a destination we cannot just think about it happening, we actually need to perform an action and God is gracious enough to bless our actions with positive dependable results. God can be found, as God Himself has promised to reveal Himself to us but we must be actively involved in “asking, seeking, and knocking” — but the action should be done all with the desire to know God, and He will reveal Himself, and He reveals some wonderful characteristics of God by passages like Matthew 7:9-14. It is these characteristics of God that teach us the faith we should have in God’s Laws and the confidence that if we follow His Laws the results of our choices to follow Him will have “divine” Consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment